TOSW daily homily
Something plucked from the book as a thing to ponder, or compared to some current event (in or out of technology.)
Try to keep a backlog of 15 here for when there aren't any good current events or time to research.
Send at least one per day, Monday through Friday.
This is a bulleted line length indicator, finishing with the last three characters signifying the line length - 140 characters for a microblog message.
Communities of Practice lessons
- Let your community grow, breathe, and change - design for evolution http://bit.ly/TOSWDesignforEvo #TOSW #CoP
- All communities have core #cliques, the key is to open them for dialogue http://bit.ly/TOSWOpentheClique #TOSW #CoP
- The way to find more experts is to invest in a process that continually creates more experts. http://bit.ly/TOSWLPP #TOSW #CoP
- Legitimate peripheral participation is the apprenticeship of communities of practice. http://bit.ly/TOSWLPP #TOSW #CoP
- Open communities have a special need for the occasional private conversation. http://bit.ly/TOSWCoPPubPriv #TOSW #CoP
- Encourage your community to express the value they get, for themselves & to show others. http://bit.ly/TOSWCoPValue #TOSW #CoP
- If someone else's value in your community isn't your own, leave it be unless it's poisonous. http://bit.ly/TOSWCoPValue #TOSW #CoP
- A community thrives on the familiar and the exciting. http://bit.ly/TOSWFamiliarityExcitement #TOSW #CoP
- Keep your community moving & interesting, but not so rocky that people get uncomfortable. http://bit.ly/TOSWFamiliarityExcitement #TOSW #CoP
- Whatever your community's practice, keep the rhythm like a dance. http://bit.ly/TOSWCoPRhythm #TOSW #CoP
- A community of doers needs a pace that is neither too slow nor too fast. http://bit.ly/TOSWCoPRhythm #TOSW #CoP
- What makes a Community of Practice? People practicing in a specific domain, learning together http://bit.ly/TOSWCoPElements #TOSW #CoP (https://identi.ca/notice/67311011 notice] -- 20110317)
- Do you belong to a group @ work/school who work to improve a common practice? It's a Community of Practice http://bit.ly/TOSWCoP #TOSW #CoP (notice - 20110316)
- "what other bits of the business can be done in an open, sharing manner." http://bit.ly/TOSWDaringOrg http://bit.ly/fEjL47 #TOSW @bob_sutor (notice - 20110314)
- @fontana Thx again for collab on clear http://bit.ly/TOSWContribPolicy for theopensourceway.org. It's a good example for others. #TOSW (notice, context thread - 20110310)
- @jspaleta *Nicely* said; thx to identi.ca CC BY I snarfed those right in to http://bit.ly/TOSWOpenDiscussions #TOSW (notice, context thread - 20110308)
- One could argue #Chatham_House_Rules are http://bit.ly/TOSWCoPPubPriv but I don't think so - lockup of ALL private comms /= #TOSW (notice, context thread - 20110308)
- Working on http://bit.ly/TOSWDoneWrong in private is an example of http://bit.ly/TOSWCoPPubPriv - honesty, filter, then publish. #TOSW (notice - 20110307)