This roadmap is currently feature based, rather than time based.
As progress is made, we may want to change to a time based schedule to take advantage of the rapid progress and attention that gets.
In general, the goal is to have progress on all these roadmap details by January 2011.
- Reorganize wiki and chapters to reflect new Table of Contents.
- Includes making at last all first-level nested sections into stand-alone wiki pages for easier reference, then stitch together in to chapters using transclusion.
- Reorganize XML to reflect new organization on the wiki.
- Generate PO file from the new organization.
- Organize all open tasks onto Trac instance.
- Reorganize roadmap to be time-based to help set writing community rhythm.
- Seek contributors and participants who can help clean up the current content.
- Find new example stories to fill the gaps.
- Rewrite content to be easier to translate.
- Recruit domain experts to help with "X the open source way" chapters.
- Seek existing material to kickstart "X the open source way" chapters.
- Finish working on the principles chapters beyond reorganization:
- Make sure they reflect all the known principles.
- Make sure they have shorter natural URLs, along with relevant short URLs from e.g. bit.ly