(fixing include syntax)
|(3 intermediate revisions not shown)|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Latest revision as of 00:44, 1 February 2010
The Open Source Way is a book shows how to (and how not to) engage with the community members on projects of any type by practicing the open source way.
This handbook distills years of knowledge our community members have gained while running open source projects.
For stories and discussions about the open source way, visit our sister-site opensource.com.
This content is converted regularly to other formats for web and printing publication:
Wiki upstream content -- the raw content workshop
This is The Open Source Way wiki upstream. It is ready for you to read and add to.
- The Open Source Way: Creating and nurturing communities of contributors -- Main wiki page
- Introduction -- What this book is, what it is not, essential terminology (definitions and pointers)
- Communities of practice -- The science behind the open source way
- How to loosely organize a community -- Structure of a sustainable community
- Stuff everyone knows and forgets anyway -- Common knowledge, common mistakes, common recoveries
- What your organization does correctly when practicing the open source way -- Distilled "Right Way"
- What your organization does wrong when practicing the open source way -- Distilled "Wrong Way"
- Business the open source way -- Applying the open source way to business
- The Openness Index -- A maturity model for assesing alignment with the Open Source Way.
- Who else to watch -- People in the wider world who write, talk, and lead community-oriented discussions and actions
- Books you should read -- Online and offline resources
- Great stories to tell -- Stories that illustrate the open source way
- Community Architecture dashboard -- Overview of this effort with pointers
- Data and references -- Data and references that support the book
- How to tell if a FLOSS project is doomed to FAIL - A system for evaluating the potential of an open source project
- Appendix -- What fits not elsewhere but only here