Revision as of 00:29, 1 April 2011 by Quaid
The content that contained the link to Example needed could really use a good example for the principle under discussion.
Can you think of any?
Good examples are:
- Brief - two or three paragraphs.
- Focused - they illustrate the single principle. (If you have a longer example that illustrates several principles, it might belong in Great stories to tell instead.)
- Anonymous - it's usually safer to make a story anonymous, especially if there is the potential for embarrassment or worse for the people or organizations involved. We're nice here, we don't play that way.
- Illustrative - the principle under discussion should be the focus.
- General interest - we want to get people to look beyond software and technology.
- Heroic - if a person or organization has done something publically and already accepted the wider fame around it, then it is safe to use as an example and sometimes makes for a powerful one.